It’s simple math really, 50 from 50 equals zero, nothing, nada, zip. Which is what we are without you’re help. It’s been said that it takes a village (smirk). We believe in this day and age of artists making records it takes a community. That’s why we’re asking for your help.
We’re asking 50 or more friends to contribute to the next KC & Julie Clark (formerly the offering) record. We are venturing out to record a series of EP’s based on our learnings over the years. To learn more, read on . . .
In 2003 we recorded our first record “Awake”. It was an amazing experience that yielded a radio single “Be My Everything”. Shortly after some regional touring and writing with our newly formed band, KC was offered a Worship Pastor position for a local church in Matthews, NC. We were also praying about moving to Nashville at the time.
On a short trip to Nashville a friend shared with Julie a powerful word of advice. She said that “if we would dig roots and invest in community, God would bring the people.” If she only knew how true that has become for us.
The following years did not yield much in the way of music or recording. But it did produce a strong community that leaped walls and bridged gaps across the city. Several years later we are experiencing community like never before. The influence we have been given is humbling and the kinship of our worship community priceless.
Now it is time to begin documenting this journey. We believe God has hidden these songs until now. They are songs of HOPE, and ever-increasing FAITH in our God who has proven Himself faithful to do what He promised.
We are committed to empowering the worship community of the Queen City. We are called to be artist’s as well as mentors in the worship community. We want to lead the way by releasing songs that tell our story.
There is nothing super compelling about recording music. But there is something amazing when we get to share the vision God has placed in us to lead other artists and worshippers. God has called us to lead a generation and leave a legacy. We hope to accomplish this in a few ways:
- Being artists who produce great art that reflects the Creator.
- Empower and encourage up and coming artists to do the same.
- Leading the way for future generations of worshippers. Encouraging their unique voice and offering for the local worship community.
What We Need & What You Get
We have an awesome opportunity to record our first EP in over nine years on Dec. 14th at Gat3 Studios. That is only two weeks away (so time is of the essence). Three artists have reserved the space in order to do the unthinkable . . . produce three albums in one week. Our project will actually be tracked in one day, with further post-production being completed at Stillwater Studios in Gastonia, NC.
- The initial need is $2500.00 total. This will cover tracking, musicians, studio rental and some post-production cost.
- Whatever money is raised will be put towards whatever we can get accomplished in our initial tracking on Dec 14.
- There are several ways you can get involved. Browse the many levels of giving and incentives on the right side of the page.
The mere fact that we are recording this record in conjunction with two other artists/groups in one week is definite sign that collaborative community is a powerful thing. We believe that these records will allow us to grow as artist while we continue encouraging the worship community in the Queen City.
- You as a contributor get to invest in not only our music but an investment in the future worshippers coming up all around our city.
- We honestly can’t do this without you’re help. Believe me we’ve tried and it hasn’t happened thus far. So your investment helps us a great deal to not only live the dream but experience the calling on our lives.
- Other Ways You Can Help
So you might be thinking “hey, this sounds amazing . . . but it’s almost Christmas time. I’ve got presents to buy and other things to put that kind of money towards.” Believe me, we get it. We really do . . . I’ve got six Christmas lists on my desk right now. So here are a couple ways you can help:
- Get a group together and make a contribution. I’ve heard it said we are better together than we are alone. So your smaller gift with 5, 10 or 20 other smaller gifts make a really big gift. Ah, the power of community.
- If you can’t give a $50.00 gift, look at the other giving options. There are some less strapping options available with some pretty neat incentives.
- Lastly, If you can’t give at all, do us a favor and SHARE, SHARE, SHARE. It is after all the season of SHARING, oh wait that’s GIVING. Well you get the point. There are several options on the campaign page that will allow you to share via Facebook, Twitter and Email.
Thanks for being a part of this next step in our journey,
KC & Julie Clark